“It’s like a white sand beach with a sunset.” That’s what my husband said after tasting this dish. I couldn’t have said it better myself. This recipe is as refreshing as it is filling — and simple too. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1.5 pounds of Shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tequila. I used Jose Quervo
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ a medium sized jalapeno, diced
- 1 can of Black Beans (8 oz)
- 1 package of frozen, microwavable creamed corn (I used Jolly Green Giant)
- - 3oz Chorizo, diced
2. Place Black Beans in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of Chorizo and 1/2 of the jalapenos.
3. In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic and jalapenos and cook about 2 minutes or until tender. Add Chorizo cook for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and tequila; bring to a boil. Add lime juice. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, stirring occasionally.
4. Place package of creamed corn in microwave. Follow heating directions on the package (approx. 4 minutes).
5. Remove shrimp from heat. Add cilantro, and salt and mix.
6. Spoon desired amount of creamed corn onto a plate. Top with black beans and then the shrimp mixture. Be sure to scoop yummy bits of chorizo up with the shrimp.
7. Enjoy – preferably with margaritas made with the tequila you didn’t use for the recipe :)